Sunday, November 21, 2021

Inter-cooler/Radiator

I picked up the new bracket this AM and proceeded to install it, everything lines up great.


I made up a new radiator bracket yesterday out of 4130 chromoly steel. Much stronger than the .063 aluminum bracket I had before. I mounted up the radiator to test fit and it works much better. I still need to plan how the muffler will mount so I won't take the bracket for powder coat just yet. In the first pic, the bracket is hard to see but is the flat piece running from the radiator to the motor mount (red piece with the bolts).


I started fitting the inter-cooler duct work. Got the left side done. Starting on the right side which is more complicated.

Got it fitted but I'm sure there will be some fiddling with it once I start working on the cowling.

Finished up the right side duct work.