Thursday, November 4, 2021

Heater Plumbing

This morning I finished up fabricating the C channel piece to hold the heater fans. I also made up a couple of spacers to prevent over compression of the pieces when bolted together. Now I'm waiting on the bolts to arrive. These parts will be off to powder coat tomorrow.

This afternoon I drilled out the firewall for the bulkhead connectors for the heater. I then connected the plumbing pieces to the heater core. I decided to install a couple of 1/4 turn valves so I could isolate the heater core in the summer months. No point in having hot coolant circulating in the cabin when it's 90 degrees outside.

Pretty close fit on the forward outlet.

Up and out of the way.

Bulkhead fittings on the engine side of the firewall. I'll have to move the expansion tank over a bit to clear the fittings.