Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Heater Core

I've been putting this off for ages because I had no idea how to mount it. I finally tackled it today. After several attempts I got it figured out. I used 3/4" x 1/6th aluminum to fashion straps, cut them to length and drilled a hole at one end. I put it in a vise and used vise grips on the other end to twist it to the approximate angle. I had to repeat this several times to achieve the correct angles. Once the correct angles were fixed, I used the holes in the heater core to mark the hole position. Once I had the first one complete and in place, rinse repeat for the other three.





Now to mount the two fans on top of the core. I'll get after this tomorrow.

After the fans are mounted I'll drill the firewall for the two bulkhead fittings. Then I'll plumb the hoses to the core and fittings.