Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Fabric Patch Repair

I finally got around to finishing my fabric repair job on the bottom of the fuselage. I received the Oratex 600 sample from Better Aircraft Fabric. I am using the 600 because it is much thinner and lighter than the 6000 fabric. Since I'm just covering over the 6000 on the fuselage I don't need to worry about strength. 

First step was to cut the patch to size then glue the patch and the area on the fuselage.

The patch applied with low heat. 130 degrees
The patch after running the iron over it at 320 degrees.
No too bad. One can see the area if you look close but definitely acceptable considering what it looked like. I haven't applied the finishing tape on the front center section yet. I put a little glue down to help the tape adhesion.

Just a reminder what I started with on this...