Sunday, November 29, 2020

Covering, Right Wing - Bottom

I finished up with the covering on the right wing today. Got the final shrink on both top and bottom. Trimmed all edges and glued, wrapped and applied the finish tapes to the leading edge as well as the fabric rivets and their finishing tapes. 

Applying the glue to the leading edge.

 Leading edge done.

Wing tip done
Root edge done
Fabric rivets ready for installation
Fabric rivets installed and finish tapes applied to bottom of wing.
Fabric rivets installed and finish tapes applied to top of wing.
Laying out the inspection rings. I haven't decided if I want to paint the rings black or leave them clear? I've painted one and will decide soon and then will install them. I have to install and cutout several of them in order to have access to the OAT probe and the flood light connectors.