Monday, November 23, 2020

Covering, Spoiler Bays and Ceramic Coating

I started the day ceramic coating a lot of small and some not so small parts. I had to coat the spoilers before installing them. While I was at it I coated the slat arms, aileron/flap push rods, tail wheel gear leg, main gear legs, main struts, jury struts, wing tips, horizontal stabilizer fences, inside of the fuel tank covers, and the tail wheel shock.

I used John's 360 Coatings "Avenger" system. John's 360 Coatings

I covered the spoiler bays today. Not a big deal but needed to be done before I could mount the spoilers and the spoilers have to be mounted before I can cover the bottom of the wing.

I cut the 2" tapes to length for each bay (6 in all). Applied a coat of glue to each bay to help with adhesion.Then applied the tapes.

Finished the second one and you can see the third one ready to go...

Once all the bays were covered, I set about installing the spoilers. I changed out the hardware to stainless for corrosion resistance since these are open to the atmosphere. The spoilers were powder coated Red.

Right wing

Right wing
Right wing
Right wing
Left wing
Left wing
Left wing