Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Radiator

I had dropped off the radiator to Vernon Rich for some tweaking. I needed to re-size the inlet and outlets to 1" tubes, it came with 1.25" tubes. I also needed to have each of the tubes clocked to a certain angle making hook up of the hoses easier. Lastly, I asked him to install a petcock drain valve so I could easily drain the coolant if ever needed. He put a nice 1/4 turn aviation spring loaded drain valve on it for me.

I picked the radiator up this morning and mounted it to make sure everything was as I needed it to be. Unfortunately, as with all things custom, it wasn't exactly right. One of the tubes, although clocked correctly, was too far rearward thus hitting the firewall.

So back to Vernon. He cut the left tube off and reinstalled it .75" closer to the back of the radiator. I also had him run several weld beads on both the top and bottom brackets as they weren't very stout. They are now. I picked up the radiator and immediately dropped it off at the polisher. No pics yet but I get it back Tuesday.