Friday, October 29, 2021

Oil Cooler

I started installing the oil cooler parts today. First up was the sandwich plate that fits under the oil filter. This provides an inlet/outlet for the oil to/from the cooler. Thomas (Edge Performance) designed and produced the part and it is beautiful. Fits perfect except for one issue, there is a casting tab on the block that interferes with one of the ports. So, it has to be removed. It is a chunk of aluminum and I had to think about the best way to remove it. I decided to drill a small hole as near the center as I could free hand. I actually got it pretty close and then just step drilled using successive bits until I removed as much material as I could. Then I broke out the files and went to work, after several hours and test fitting, I got it done.