Thursday, March 28, 2019

MOD – Split Rear Baggage Panel


I trimmed the upper rear baggage panel to give about 1/16th of an inch spacing between the upper and lower panels. I measured and cut a couple of stiffeners to be Hysol’d to the lower panel to act as a lip for the upper panel to rest on when in place. This serves double duty as a lip and as an attachment point. 

Once cut to size, I bent a half inch of the stiffener to 90 degrees effectively making an L bracket. I prepped both surfaces to be joined and Hysol’d them together. I placed a 48” level on them with a couple of 5lb plates on top to hold the pieces in place while they cure overnight. I will drill and install three lock plates to the lip once the Hysol cures. This will provide three more screws along the seam joining the upper and lower halves together.