Sunday, January 2, 2022

Oil Tank, Radiator/Oil Cooler and Door/Window Latches

Vernon texted that the Oil Tank, Radiator/Oil Cooler were ready for pickup so I ran down to his shop and picked them up. They came out nice and were just what I expected, he does really nice work. I came home and temporarily mounted them to check that everything was going to work out the way I planned.

I then mounted them up to check fit and everything worked great. I went ahead and cut the oil lines for the cooler and attached the fittings, then routed the lines to check fit. It's going to work out nicely.


It's getting busy on the right side but it will all clear each other without issue.

I also checked out the lines that run to the oil tank. No pics at this time but it will also work out well.

Last project for the day was to mate up the inside/outside latches for the doors and windows. I had to remove powder coat from the latches and drill out the mating sockets to get everything to go together. Once they where mating correctly, I had to drill through the mated pairs for a roll pin. These are small 3/32" holes drilled all the way through. I super glued the pieces together before drilling to hold the pieces in place during the drilling process. It worked nicely, got them all drilled. These will be re-powder coated red. I'll use my heat gun to break the super glue seal tomorrow to get the pieces back apart.