Saturday, July 22, 2023

Cowling install, decals and prop stuff...

 Finished up mounting the last three 1/4 turn fasteners to the fuselage.

 
I needed to level the plane to mount some decals.

 
I used a laser level to help align the decals.


Then I mounted the cowling using the 1/4 turns.
 

 Then more decals...
 
 
 
 
Next up was mounting the boot cowl, the reason I didn't mount it to begin with was I had some road rash from moving the plane from AZ to CO, scratches from the "protective" plastic covering I taped in place for the move. Bad idea. Anyway, I polished the bottom of the windshield and decided it was good enough to go ahead and mount the boot cowl. So, I had to remove the top cowl and then reinstall it afterward. I need a couple of longer screws for the corners of the boot cowl, the short ones I had on hand wouldn't reach the anchor nuts in the dash area.

While I was at it, I used a 3/8" tap and die to clean up the prop spacer and hub lugs and all the prop bolts. They were not very smooth before, now they are. I'll bolt all that together next time. I also have to polish up the side vents and install them.